Internet Safety Workshops and Training
Bespoke internet safety training that makes a difference
Safe & Socially Distanced
Our workshops are provided through a safe and socially distanced delivery. We work alongside you, to create a day that meets your requirements.
Our theatre based Internet Safety Workshops support the Education for a Connected World framework, so you can have peace of mind that your school community will be getting the most up to date and relevant Internet Safety training.
We provide engaging and interactive internet safety workshops for students, parent workshops, internet safety staff training and internet safety theatre performances.
We tailor the content of our internet safety workshops to address your priorities for internet safety. This means we can address the internet safety topics that matter most to you and your school community.
All our visits include Lesson Plans, Resources, PowerPoints and Interactive Videos to support our visit, so your teachers will have a structured plan for delivering a relevant internet safety curriculum.
‘I would really like to stress how excellent our facilitator was. They had a professional, informative and sensitive manner whilst leading the parent talk.’
– Ms. McKenzie-Arday, Computing Lead, Shaftesbury Park Primary School
THEATRE AND DRAMA
Drama and performance techniques for an engaging and interactive learning experience.
We have workshops for students of all ages and we can work with a large number of students in one day.
Your visit includes lesson plans, animations and PowerPoints making follow up easy for your teachers.
We understand value for money is important for schools. We offer affordable whole school events.
Tailored content to address the most important internet safety topics for your school community.
The Ultimate E-Safety Show: Whole School
Kick off the day with our exciting Internet Safety Show for Primary Schools, this is a great way to make our visit a Whole School experience.
‘The Ultimate E-Safety Show’ is a fun and engaging way of exploring the essential internet safety topics as a whole school It is a powerful way to get students thinking about and discussing internet safety It is also a great way to kick start your day of interactive internet safety workshops.
- One Professional Performer
- Puppetry with Living Puppets
- Theatre Set
- Original Animations
- Original Music Soundtrack
- Audience Participation
- Show for a maximum of 300 students
- 45 minute performance
- Supporting Resources & Lesson Plans
‘The show was captivating, I’ve never seen the children so engaged.’ – Coates Way JMI School, Watford.
Internet Safety Workshops KS2 & KS3: The Internet and You
The Internet and You is an up to date, positive, relevant and relatable internet safety workshop for students in upper Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3. The workshop uses an engaging audio visual presentation along with theatre and performance techniques to bring to life internet safety topics.
Online safety is a topic that constantly evolves, so the content in our workshops is regularly updated to address current online trends. We work closely with every school that we visit to provide bespoke internet safety workshops that address the topics that are the highest priority for your school community.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Showing importance of privacy settings and understanding the difference between public and private posting. Understanding the possible impact on our mental health and how we can respond to this.
- ONLINE GAMES: Understanding how online games can be addictive and how we can manage screen time. How excessive gaming can negatively impact our online behaviour.
- SCREEN TIME: Understanding the impacts of excessive screen time and strategies for limiting use.
- ONLINE REPUTATION: Encouraging critical thinking around our online behaviour and providing strategies to protect our online reputation.
- SHARING IMAGES: Being mindful about what we share online, how to respond to a request for an image of ourselves and the importance of privacy settings.
- CYBERBULLYING: Exploring the motivations behind cyberbullying and how easy it can be to become involved, and how we can respond.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: Understanding how our personal information is used by social media companies. Encouraging critical thinking around keeping personal information safe.
- STRANGERS ONLINE: Encouraging critical thinking, and digital resilience when we are communicating online. How we can end a conversation if we are uncomfortable
- Workshops are 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- We need a clear space such as your hall, a projector and sound.
Internet Safety Workshops EYFS/KS1
In our Internet Safety Workshop for EYFS & KS1 your students will go on an engaging adventure with Milly and Philip, your students will learn how to stay safe online in a fun and interactive way through storytelling and drama. This workshops helps students to develop skills to become digitally resilient in an engaging and age appropriate way.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: Learning what personal information is and why it’s important to keep it private.
- BE KIND ONLINE: Why it’s important to be kind online, and how unkind comments online can still hurt other people’s feelings.
- STRANGERS ONLINE: How people can pretend to be someone they’re not when using the internet, and to think carefully when we communicate online.
- UPSETTING CONTENT ONLINE: Your students learn to speak up about anything they find online that makes them feel scared or upset.
- USING A SECURE PASSWORD: Learning the difference between a strong password and a weak password, and how to create good passwords.
- Workshops are 30 minutes – 45 hour to suite your timetable.
- We need a cleared space to run the workshops.
Parent / Carer Workshop: Internet Safety Now
Internet Safety Now is an engaging and supportive internet safety workshop that will equip parents and carers with the confidence and practicle strategies they need to to keep their children safe online.
Parents will gain an understanding of current online trends and the challenges that young people may be experiencing online. They will gain access to the most up to date resources and understand how they can use these.
Having worked extensively with schools, we understand the best way to get high parental engagement. We provide a step by step guide to ensure that you get a good turnout for your event.
ONLINE GAMES & PEGI RATINGS
1 Hour Session.
Caters for up to 200 Parents and Carers.
Internet Safety E-Pack for your whole school.
‘OpenView Education were very thorough and, for me, chose exactly the right content to focus on, whist giving a general overview. There was a lot of really helpful advice and information. The main thing I took away was to approach ‘the internet’ with less negativity and to concentrate on the positive aspects it has for children.’
– Parent, Chesterton C of E Primary School
Staff Training Session: Internet Safety In Action
Internet Safety In Action is internet safety training for Teachers, Governors and professionals who work with young people.
Internet Safety is a topic that evolves constantly, so regular training is vital to provide your staff with the confidence and resources they need to deliver effective internet safety education and to effectively safeguard students.
Internet Safety In Action is an engaging internet safety training session with practical action steps that your staff can take to improve their professional practice around internet safety education and safeguarding. It will get your whole team up to date and on the same page.
EFFECTIVE INTERNET SAFETY EDUCATION: Best practice for internet safety education and using the Education for a Connected World framework and understanding recent government legislation.
CHALLENGES FACING SCHOOLS: Internet safety concerns that commonly impact school communities and how we can respond.
CURRENT ONLINE TRENDS: Apps and platforms that young people are currently using, and the potential risks they pose.
ONLINE REPUTATION: How to protect our online reputation as professionals working with young people.
RESOURCES AND TOOLS: Update and overview.
CHILD EXPLOITATION: Understanding the risks and how we can respond.
The workshop is 1 hour, allowing it to be run as a twilight session, or as part of your INSET day.
What People Say…
‘The show covered a broad range of messages in an engaging way – loved the combination of puppets, video and interactive elements. The workshops were also excellent – Lively, engaging, fun and interactive; also very age-appropriate and fully up to date with the latest online trends.
The lesson plans were excellent – the use of real-life examples and practical tips made it especially relevant in bringing e-safety to life.’
I would really like to stress how excellent our facilitator was. They had a professional, informative and sensitive manner with the parents whilst leading the parent talk.
The individual workshops with our students were excellent and pitched perfectly to each age group.
Finally I would like to commend OpenView Education on their ability to engage over 250 students in an eSafety assembly. The use of drama and enthusiasm meant that the children really learnt from the assembly, this will safeguard the children if faced with an eSafety problem.
Get in touch…
Get in touch here and a friendly and experienced member of our team will respond with the best options for your school.
Please complete the form